The conference language is English and all abstracts and full papers must be submitted in English. Only research papers that have not been published elsewhere will be accepted.
All abstracts will be double-blind peer reviewed and accepted abstracts will be invited to be developed into full papers. Each submitted full paper will be double-blind peer reviewed by members of the International Scientific Committee. Accepted papers by registered authors will be published in the conference proceedings (with ISBN).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to extend their papers for submission to, and publication in, Architectural Science Review (ASR), published by Taylor & Francis, and a Special Issue “Energy performance to Indoor Environment Quality” in Energy and Buildings, published by Elsevier.
The Conference invites you to submit an extended abstract of no more than 500 words, by COB 28 March 2016, to address the Conference theme and sub-themes which can be explored in specific topics such as:
- Theory, philosophy and methodology in architectural science
- Architectural science and the society
- Architectural science and urban design / landscape architecture
- Architectural science and building design
- Architectural science and historic preservation
- Architectural science and design education
- Architectural science and digital design
- Architectural science and design assessments
- Architectural science and modes of production
- Architectural science and space quality (thermal, visual, aural)
- Architectural science, construction and technology
- Architectural science, practice and industry
To submit an abstract, please log on to conftool.net/asa2016.
Guidelines for the preparation of full papers for their double-blind peer review are provided in the file below. This file also serves as a template for the preparation of your full paper. Please read the guidelines carefully and ensure that your full paper submission complies with these guidelines, otherwise your paper will not be accepted.
Full papers for peer review should be uploaded through conftool.net/asa2016 in PDF format only, by 27 June 2016.
To install and use the ASA2015 Endnote style:
- Download the Endnote style file above and open it in Endnote (double click on PC).
- In Endnote, with the style open, go to File -> Save As... and choose a name (e.g. ASAendnote copy)
- After doing so, the ASA Endnote style (with the chosen name) becomes visible in your style manager
- From your word template, go to the Endnote tab -> Style -> Select Another Style...
- Choose the ASA Endnote style (with the chosen name) from the list
- You can now insert citations and have them automatically listed at the end of your paper
(Note: you will need to replace the current list of references in the paper template with the Endnote-generated one by cutting/pasting the latter in place of the existing).
Author / Speaker Registration
At least one author of each paper accepted for presentation at the Conference must be registered to attend the conference. Failure to register will result in the withdrawal of the paper. Authors with papers that are rejected following full review, but have already registered, may request a full refund of their registration fee. Each registered author can present up to two papers; however, for any additional paper presented by the same registered author beyond these two papers, an additional registration fee will incur to cover related administration costs. There is no restriction on how many papers an individual might be listed on as a co-author.